Tuesday, July 12, 2011

design entrepreneur boot camp

Just finished my second day of class. It's been really amazing so far. I'm super excited about the charted course. I don't have much down time, so I will record some brief reflections for you here.

My dorm is small, clean and does a great job of encouraging me to get outside!

My suitemate (bathroom buddy) named Jacky Minkler is fabulous. Very sweet, creative, enthusiastic about fully experiencing the city. She is from Albany NY, so she visits the city relatively frequently and has many friends here.

My teachers are really amazing and devoted to the project and helping us imagine and pursue ideas that are realistic and truly effective.

I LOVE walking the street, zig zagging through masses of people on the sidewalks. I've had lots of practice; both in real life (scrambling out of church services) and virtually (frogger)!






I ADORE seeing the daring outfits that women and men sport in this town. People are not afraid to take creative risks, which inspires me in my own work north of the pavement.

Now I'd like to share some pictures with you.


This was my lunch plate from Monday. Catered by Wichcraft. SOOO yummy!


Care package each student (13 total) received on first day of class. Materials include binder from NESst (this will teach me about how to make nonprofits financially sustainable), organic IMPACT tote bag, large unruled sketchpad (BINGO!), baby pocket moleskin, and Sappi Ideas that Matter inspiration book.

No comments:

Post a Comment